12 principles for safe and effective weight managementTrying to lose weight? Check out these 12 principles for safe and effective weight management. As always, before staring a weight loss venture, check with your personal physician to make there aren’t any problems.
- Set a realistic goal to lose no more than 4 to 8 pounds a month.
- Move it to lose it. Regular daily exercise is essential for weight management.
- Cope with anxieties, frustrations and depression without turning to food.
- Establish new eating habits. Make permanent lifestyle changes.
- Avoid snacks and junk foods. Eat less fatty foods and sweets.
- Enjoy low-fat, fiber-rich meals. Eat vegetables and fruits.
- Eat smaller portion sizes and avoid second helpings.
- For long-term success, eat a diet predominant in slow-digesting complex carbs.
- Don’t avoid fat altogether. A little fat helps to satisfy hunger better.
- Think and talk positive about your efforts for weight management.
- Start the day with breakfast. Avoid long periods without food. Drink lots of water.
- Don’t go it alone. Let your support group motivate you to achieve your goals.
Winston J. Craig writes from Michigan.© 2002 - 2021, AnswersForMe.org. All rights reserved. Click here for content usage information.