A healthy, high protein, grain-free treat! It also makes the perfect holiday dessert served with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve with an apple or pear slices and warm spice herbal tea!
- 1/2 c. creamy almond butter, salted
- 1 c. mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 c. blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 c. maple syrup or Lakanto Monk fruit syrup
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8-inch glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the “s” blade and process until smooth and combined. You can also use a handheld mixer but the food processor is easier and creates a smoother batter.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes or until almost set. Cool and slice.
- Gingerbread might be a little fragile when hot out of the oven, but will firm up once cooled.