The ingredients for Garbanzo Oat Waffles sound like an unlikely combination for waffles; however, these high fiber, low sugar and fat waffles are surprisingly good! Easy and inexpensive to make too. These can be made “sweet” or “savory.”
- 1 c. soaked garbanzo beans (1/2 c. dry) or 1 c. canned garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 c. rolled oats
- 2-1/4 c. water
- 1 T. melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 T. brown sugar or 3 pitted dates
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1 t. vanilla (1/4 t. if making ”savory” waffles)
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1-2 T. quinoa flakes (optional)
- 1 T. chia seeds (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender until thoroughly liquified.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron at medium-high heat setting.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil spray and cook at medium-high for 11-15 minutes or until steam stops and golden crispy brown.
Place on a wire rack for one-two minutes for steam to escape to keep waffle crispy before serving.
If keeping warm while other waffles are cooking, place in one layer on a wire rack inside warming oven so waffles don’t become soggy.
Goes great with almond butter and fresh berries, or try a savory version with Top Secret Spicy Cashew Gravy
© 2002 - 2023, AnswersForMe.org. All rights reserved. Click here for content usage information.