A really cute way to serve this healthier version of deviled eggs and veggies. Kids and adults both love these!
Preparation for Egg “Mice:”
- Put a vegetable steamer into a pan and add water until just below steamer basket. Bring to a boil and add the eggs. Steam for 16 minutes.
- Transfer eggs immediately into an ice bath.
- Let cool for two minutes and then peel immediately.
- Slice eggs in half.
- Transfer yolks to a small bowl.
- Add the other ingredients (except garnish) into a bowl and blend with an immersion blender until completely combined.
Assemble the “Mice:”
- With a small spoon, fill the egg halves with the filling.
- Place the “ears,” “eyes” and “tails” on the “mice,” then finish with the “whiskers.
Preparation for Carrot & Tomato “Roses:”
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out center with a grapefruit spoon.
- Fill the tomato halves with a small spoon of the spinach dip.
- Place a small sprig of parsley at the outer edge of the filled tomato.
- Using a vegetable sharpener, make the carrot curls and form into “roses.”
- Press gently into tomato and top with green olive in the center.