- 2 lbs. unpeeled new potatoes or unpeeled baking potatoes, preferably with red, blue or purple flesh
- 1/4 c. oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped or julienned
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced red onions or chopped scallions (including white and green parts)
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil, preferably unfiltered
- 3 T. red or white wine vinegar
- 1 T. sugar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pushed through a garlic press
- 1/2 t. powdered mustard or 1 t. prepared mustard
- 1/4 c. pitted and chopped kalamata olives
Chilling the potatoes once they are cooked reduces the glycemic index of the potatoes.
- Steam the potatoes in their skins until they are tender.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Quarter the chilled potatoes, then cut into 1/4-inch slices and place in a large mixing bowl. Do not remove the skins.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the potatoes.
- Toss to coat evenly. Serve cold or at room temperature.