High in fiber and trace minerals, artichoke hearts add subtlety and flavor to this meal. Consider the Whole Foods 365 brand as the artichokes don’t come out too salty when roasted.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange fennel and artichokes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until caramelized on both sides, about 35 minutes, tossing after 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and the lemon juice. Add parsley, and toss to combine. Garnish with fennel fronds.
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 fennel bulb (12 ounces), cut into 3/4-inch wedges, 1 tablespoon fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 can whole artichoke hearts in water (13.75 ounces), drained, patted dry, and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice