This is a favorite crowd pleaser! Easy to make ahead. The secret is Trader Joe’s Chimichuri Rice, found in their frozen food section.
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large bunch celery, chopped (or 2 small bunches)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bag power greens or fresh spinach
- 2 cartons organic vegetable broth
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black or white beans, rinsed and drained (or substitute diced firm tofu)
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen Chimichuri Rice
- Sliced fresh Avocado
- Garnish: Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions or cilantro, sour cream (or plain 2% or 5% Greek yogurt) if desired
- In large pan or soup pot, heat up the olive oil
- Add in the chopped onion, celery, carrots and bell pepper, sautee on medium heat until they start to brown and carmelize
- Add the greens and stir fry until wilted
- Add the broth, beans and/or tofu and Chimichuri rice, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Top with fresh avocado slices. You can also garnish with a pinch of shredded cheese, green onions or cliantro and a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt if desired. Serve with Quinoa Black Bean Chips or your favorite tortilla chips.
Submitted by Judi Paliungas
Recipes are freely shared by members and friends of AnswersForMe, and are either original with the submitter, or have been approved for public use.© 2002 - 2021, AnswersForMe.org. All rights reserved. Click here for content usage information.