This tangy appetizer is packed with fiber. Warm toasted almonds make this a melty favorite for parties.
- 2 cans drained garbanzos
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 3 crushed garlic cloves, or garlic powder (1/2 -1 t.)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (roughly)
- generous pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 c. unsalted raw almonds, roughly chopped (leave some still whole)
- 4-6 oz. crumbled goat cheese or bleu cheese
- In a small skillet over high heat, toast the almonds.
- Meanwhile, mix up the dressing, all parts in; give a shake or stir.
- Pour dressing over garbanzos.
- After almonds are toasted, sprinkle dressed garbanzos with goat cheese, toss.
- Blend the almonds in while they are still warm to get a “melty” effect.
- Toss all–garbanzos, almonds, cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Even tastier the next day.
- Serve with crackers or raw vegetables.
© 2002 - 2022, AnswersForMe.org. All rights reserved. Click here for content usage information.