- It’s officially not January! Don’t get me wrong. I love my birthday month for many reasons, but January is a month that drags on. Once the hype of the New Year is over, and resolutions are starting to hit the back burner, it’s time for a change. February is the promise of a new month with more memories to create.
- We’re able to recuperate from the holidays. I think it’s safe to say, most of our bank accounts take a hit during the holidays. December was glamorous, and January is the month where pinching pennies becomes a reality. But, once taxes are completed, a little extra to help us recover from our holiday expenses never hurts.
- It’s “love” month! Although some people detest Valentine’s Day, I love it. Vibrant shades of red and pink fill display windows and store isles. February is a good reminder that love can be shown throughout the month, not just on Valentine’s Day. Single, or currently alone on Valentine’s Day? Shower yourself with goodies, or show someone a kindness who appears to be alone.
- Fresh flowers are EVERYWHERE. With the holiday come bouquets of bright, sweet-smelling petals. Shopping trips are filled with beautiful displays of multi-colored bouquets. These stunning arrangements give us a taste of what’s to come – Spring! Whether you receive flowers or not, it’s fun to smell a taste of Spring while out running errands.
- Spring is just around the corner. February is generally the last month you’re able to wear fashionable coats and sip hot drinks before the snow, and bone-chilling cold disappears. March is on its way, and with it comes the excitement of Spring. February is a month where you can almost taste Spring, while still enjoying the last few sips of cocoa.
As January has passed, I’m more than excited about the arrival of a new month. With it comes challenges, but also opportunities to enjoy and embrace what God has created. He gives us so much beauty in each day that it’s hard not to be thankful for all of His blessings.
With each month that approaches, I’m reminded of a favorite passage:
“To everything, there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven . . . He hath made everything beautiful in his time: also He hath set the world in their heart so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end” (Ecclesiastes 3: 1, 11, KJV).
As a new month and season embark, let us rejoice in all of the little blessings we receive this February!
Madeleine Lowe writes from Indiana.© 2002 - 2020, AnswersForMe.org. All rights reserved. Click here for content usage information.